Ten General Physical Skills
If your goal is optimum physical competence then all the general physical skills must be considered:
- Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance: The ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
- Stamina: The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
- Strength: The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
- Flexibility: the ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint
- Power: The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
- Speed: The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
- Coordination: The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
- Agility: The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
- Balance: The ability to control the placement of the bodies center of gravity in relation to its support base.
- Accuracy: The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
(Ed.-Thanks to Jim Crawley and Bruce Evans of Dynamax)
Personal training is a one-on-one instruction programme tailored to your own goals and needs. Whether you are a fitness enthusiast, an athlete training for a specific sport/event or someone looking for a post-rehabilitation strategy after an injury, Rock Revolution offers expert advice and a fitness formula that can best suit your individual objectives.
The personal training experience starts with an assessment of your goals and current level, on the basis of which you receive a custom-made workout programme.
You can either book a package of 15 sessions of personal training or come for single classes.
Personal training offers you my undivided attention and firm commitment to helping you achieve real results.
You will follow the CrossFit workout program. After a warm-up you will focus on your technique with strength work. Afterwards it’s the WOD (Workout of the Day). Groups of maximum 8 people offer an ideal trainer-member ratio and workouts geared towards results.
Whether you are 60 years old or in the prime of your youth, whether you want to burn fat, gain muscle or relieve stress, your individual needs and goals will not be overlooked in a small group.
Small group training is adaptable to each member’s level and objectives, and focuses on perfecting your workout technique and the execution of movements for a proper fitness and health education.
Every single class, the group workout is different, pushing your body to continually adjust and progress.
Although different each time, the group courses are part of a sequence of workouts consciously designed by Rock Revolution to get you out of your comfort zone and steer you towards a better version of yourself.
Small group training requires membership.